At NewBo City Market on Saturday, December 21st, as part of the NewBo Gingerbread House Party, we’ll be hosting a Gingerbread House Decorating Competition.
Grab a beer, a gingerbread cookie, say hi to Santa, and let’s get decorating!
This year, we are presenting TWO CATEGORIES for COMPETITION: Adult/Small Group or Family Team.
Read below for more details!!!
- Registration must be completed on Eventbrite prior to the event. Late registrations will only be accepted if extra materials are available.
- Participants may register solo or in teams of up to four people. Only one person per team need register.
- In the event that a team wins a cash prize, the prize will be given to the team member who registered via Eventbrite.
- Registrants under the age of 18 as of the date of the competition must have a parent or guardian present to accept cash prizes.
- Accepted registrants will receive a confirmation email containing their participant number and an FAQ email in the days prior to the event.
- Please plan to arrive prior to 12pm for check-in and registration.
- Each registration (solo or team) will receive one (1) gingerbread house and access to an array of available frostings and decorations.
- Participants are encouraged to bring their own decorations with them to fulfill their vision (within reason, as determined by Market staff).
- Participants are encouraged to decorate with their own unique vision. However, vulgar language and images will not be allowed and will result in immediate diqualification as decided upon by Market staff.
- Participants interacting with any other participant’s house or decorations will be sunject to immediate disqualification as determined by Market staff.
- Access to electricity will be limited for participants due to space. Please plan accordingly.
- The competition will begin at 2:00pm and end at 4:00pm sharp.
- Winners will be selected by a panel of celebrity judges chosed by NewBo City Market staff.
- Judging will begin precisely at 4:00pm sharp.
- Awards will be announced at 4:30pm.
- Houses will be judged based on the following criteria: a) Overall Appearance, b) Originalty & Creativity, c) Precision, and d) Consistency of Theme.
- Judging will be within two categories: 1) Adult/Small Group (members must be 15 years or older) 2) Family (two or more members of the ‘family’ must be 15 years old or younger).
- Prizes have been generously donated by Linn Area Credit Union.
- Best Family Prize: $50 Visa Card
- Best Adult/Small Group Prize: $100 Visa Card
- By registering and participating in the NewBo City Market Gingerbread House Decorating Competition, participants agree to have their image taken in photo and video form and potentially used in future NewBo City Market marketing.